Eligibility – Non-GT Students (transient students)
Georgia Tech-Europe welcomes students from other US universities all semesters – Fall, Spring, and Summer.
Must be at least 18 years of age by the program departure date.
Minimum 3.0 GPA at time of application.
In good academic and disciplinary standing.
Only US citizens and US Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) are permitted to apply and participate as transient students on the Georgia Tech-Europe program. Students from other universities on other types of US visas are NOT permitted to apply.
First-year students may apply during their first semester for the Summer semester. They will be accepted conditionally, based on achieving a 3.0 GPA in their first semester.
All transient students who apply should read our Withdrawal & Refund Policy.
1. Submit GT Admissions application as a “transient student.”
Submit GT Admissions application as a “transient student.”
- You will receive an e-mail in about one week with your GT login information.
- You will use this to login to Buzzport and other GT systems except for the OIE Study Abroad Application system (atlas.gatech.edu).
- You will create a separate login for your atlas.gatech.edu account.
- Once you have a GT username and password, you may access your account via buzzport.gatech.edu to check the status of your application through the GT Office of Admissions.
- It is your responsibility to periodically check your Buzzport account to make sure the GT Admissions Office is not missing any of your supporting documents.
2. Pay $35 GT Admissions application fee.
Note that this fee is not refundable.
3. Submit GTE application through our online application portal.
Submit GTE application through our online application portal. You can complete this application in tandem with the GT admissions application.
4. Pay $500 program deposit through our online application portal.
- deposit can only be paid by electronic check
- deposit is non-refundable once accepted into program
Students must type their name in the GTID section of the deposit payment portal since they will not yet have been assigned a GTID.
5. Submit one copy of official transcript(s)
Submit transcripts through http://admission.gatech.edu/apply/documents
- You must submit transcripts from ALL colleges/universities ever attended (including dual enrollment from high school, if applicable).
- Submit electronically from your registrar through an approved service (e.g. eScrip-Safe, Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, SCOIR, etc.).
- Select "Georgia Tech" or "Georgia Institute of Technology" as the recipient of the document.
If an email address is required for electronic submission, use firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sending by mail, send to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission
Georgia Institute of Technology
219 Uncle Heinie Way
Atlanta, GA 30332-0320
6. Submit Disciplinary Clearance Form to the GT Office of International Education (OIE).
Submit Disciplinary Clearance Form via email to email@example.com directly from an official at your home university.
7. Submit Non-Degree Applicant Study Abroad Permission Form.
Submit Non-Degree Applicant Study Abroad Permission Form
Form must be signed by the Registrar of the Home Institution, and the university’s seal should be included. This must be uploaded to your Admissions portal.